To promote partnerships and teamwork with users of GIS concepts and technology. This will be geared towards the sustainable development of the Caribbean region. Caribbean URISA would strive to be an organization relevant to the needs of GIS professionals in the region with a dynamic committed membership. This organization would also strive to be the leading medium of The Caribbean Geospatial Community providing Geospatial professionals with opportunities for educational development, networking, leadership, coordination and representation.
The main objectives are to:
- be a GIS knowledge network across the Caribbean.
- provide a wealth of professional services for its members
- assist in the development of innovative professionals prepared for the future of GIS.
- promote the use of GIS and facilitate the expansion of GIS use within the region
- influence government policy on the effective and efficient use of GIS in the region